How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 102584
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

While broken pipe a house was flooded on fall 2006, house insurance

This answer was rated:

While broken pipe a house was flooded on fall 2006, house insurance company sent airblow people to dry the hardwood floor. They installed their blowers everywhere but not taped up the electric codes. I was walking and triped on one of them and broke my foot. I had to do a surgery to put my foot bones together. Can I proceed with a claim now?
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

I am sorry for your situation. Can you please tell me:

1) What state is this in?
2) When did this fall occur?
3) Did the contractors let you into the working space, or, did they attempt to keep you out? What was the scenario?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The State is Texas

In 2006, October I believe. Yes, they let us to continue live in the working space. Air dryers was working 24 hours for a week to dry the hardwood floor.

Thank you, J.

On this website, I do not always get to give good news, and I am afraid that this is one of these times.

There is a statute of limitations within which one has to file a cause of action. For injuries to person, it is two years from time of injury, per Civ. Prac. & Rem. §16.003(a).

I am very sorry to say that if this has occurred in 2006, it is too late to pursue a civil action. Again, I am sorry.

Please note: I aim to give you genuine information and not necessarily to tell you only what you wish to hear. Please, rate me on the quality of my information and do not punish me for my honesty. I understand that hearing things less than optimal is not easy, and I empathize.
Ely and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you