How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 5156
Experience:  37 plus years representing clients with their legal issues
Type Your Legal Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 84 yrs old and have just received a notice from Miami

This answer was rated:

I am 84 yrs old and have just received a notice from Miami Dade collection section. I am and have been insured thru' medicare and Humana gold plus for many years. I became ill and called 911 They sent out fire rescue to transport me to the hospital. This happened again aprox 1 month later and again was transported to the hospital. That was over a year ago. they are now saying I must pay them 75.00 or further action will be inforced. Is this legal. They had my insurance info and even presented it to the hospital themselves. I live on a very small ss check and this is a lot of $

Hello and thank you for your question. For over 35 years I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.


I am sorry you have been ill. Please note that the $75 would appear to be the balance owing after Medicare/Humana paid their share. Note, a typical hospital bill is usually $1000 or more! So it would be my educated guess that this is the co payment remaining on the account. And if so, this would be legal. Likewise, please do not ignore it as these collections agencies can make life miserable for you. And you can also call them to see if you can make payments.


I wish you well. Please rate my answer ok or better as I do not get paid unless you rate my answer. Thanks.

dylatess and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you