Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Hello, The new Iphone 5s is due to launch tomorrow. Im

The new Iphone 5s is due to launch tomorrow. I'm thinking of buying a few and selling them for profit (through ebay or to anyone who is interested). Given that there will be long lines, I will charge whoever wants to buy a phone a fee if they want me to wait in line and get them a phone or phones.

Now, is there anything illegal about this? Does the law dictate how many I can and cannot buy/sell? And is there any issues if I accept cash from interested parties who want to purchase the phone? I just want to be sure of everything.

Thanks
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

There is nothing in the laws that states you cannot purchase phones for people or that you cannot resell what you have bought at a profit to yourself. Also, the only restrictions may be placed by the seller or manufacturer as to how many you may purchase at one time, but there are already many sales on eBay right now for these phones and it is not illegal for you to sell as many as you want.

There are no issues with you taking cash for the purchase either. As long as you are purchasing them legitimately, you can resell them for as much as you choose.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you.

Thank you. Please do not forget to click on excellent service feedback as that is the only way the expert gets credit for working with you.