How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 28043
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter has a lawyer and she is not standing up for her.

This answer was rated:

My daughter has a lawyer and she is not standing up for her. I went to court with her the daughter and her lawyer asked her what to say. She had no agenda the lawyer. She does not talk to her about anything. My daughter wants it adjourned. And her lawyer said she has no time for it. My daughter got mad at her and raised her voice. from then on she does nothing. She needs to step down. My daughter has payed her over $5,000. It is with placement for her son. She has a gaurdiem litem lady and that lady is friends with the father family. It's a conflict of interest. Her lawyer does nothing. The father is doing this cause he hates my daughter. What can we do. Help.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. If this attorney was privately retained by your daughter, she has ever right to fire her and ask her to withdraw from the case. The attorney needs to act in your daughters best interest and if that is not happening, she should not be proceedings with the case. Your daughter can fire her and retain new counsel. When the attorney files the motion to withdraw, she can ask that the court stay the proceedings for 30 days, to allow your daughter time to hire new counsel and for the attorney to get caught up to date on the status of the case. if there is a conflict with the guardian ad litem, then the Judge needs to be made aware so a new once can be appointed, who will not be favorable to the father, as a result of being a friend of the family.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

LegalKnowledge and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you