How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27266
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In state of iowa .have not seen child for 10 months . Child

This answer was rated:

In state of iowa .have not seen child for 10 months . Child support always never late .last few times I saw child he told me mom is telling me bad things about you . Then visitation stopped . Including his mother telling me not to come on her property. Have good job but lots of bills .can't afford attorney fees .what is the best way to proceed.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good afternoon. Has visitation been ordered by the court or was it informal with you and the mother?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Court ordered visitation. Have always been current on support .no safety issues. Dhs did investing on me and my home . No problems .just mother manipulation of my child

Jeff, thank you for the additional information. The court order is going to control and the mother is going to need to comply with it. She has no legal right to prevent you from exercising your legal rights to visitation with the child. When a parent fails to comply with the provisions of a visitation order and the other parent wants the court to enforce those provisions, the parent must file a court action against the other parent. If a party is found to have violated a court order, the court can find the party "in contempt." If the court finds a party in contempt of court, the court can use certain coercive measures to try to gain the party's compliance. As such, to start the process, you would need to obtain the form from the clerk of court, in the county where the child resides. You can also use the link I have provided below, to obtain a sample form, of what you must use to hold the mother in contempt and bring her before the Judge.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
LegalKnowledge and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you