How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 5156
Experience:  37 plus years representing clients with their legal issues
Type Your Legal Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed personal bankruptcy in Dec 2010 and I still have tax

This answer was rated:

I filed personal bankruptcy in Dec 2010 and I still have tax issues from my companies and personal taxes. Is there anyone that can help? Because there are several companies involved I can't afford to have my taxes filed. I know if I start to work somewhere that withholds taxes my wages will be garnished and I won't make enough to pay my child support and pay my bills. Any suggestions?

Hello and thank you for your question. For over 35 years I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.


Even though your taxes were not dischargeable in a chapter 7, you can still file a chapter 13 BK now and list the taxes. Likewise, the taxes would be paid off through a court approved plan and you will be able to work and have money deposited without the fear that the IRS will seize your assets. Accordingly, you should consult with a BK attorney as most offer free consultations. Finally, if you do not want to go the BK route, you should meet with a CPA who is a former tax enrolled agent. He can file your tax returns and at the same time negotiate a repayment plan.

Finally, you cannot continue living underground. I wish I can offer more but your options are limited.


Please be so kind as to rate my answer ok or better so that I am paid for helping you.

dylatess and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I won't have time to look until sat or sun