How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31729
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I respond to plaintiff show cause order to pay in full

This answer was rated:

How do I respond to plaintiff show cause order to pay in full a settled claim that has not been paid in full on an estate. The responded financial status changed, The responded had health matters that had to be resolve. The responded has been paying debts on the estate.The responded attempted more than once to communicate with the plaintiff but could not get an answer via telephone

Kirk Adams : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
Kirk Adams : There's no form response to a show cause order. Usually, the order is entered and the person is informed to appear on a certain date for the hearing to tell the judge why he/she should not be held in contempt of court.
Kirk Adams : As for a written response, you would simply respond to the allegations paragraph by paragraph and explain to the court whythe order has not been complied with. There's no specific procedure - - just explain your position.
Kirk Adams : You could also file a motion to amend the previous order and ask the judge to give you more time to pay the amounts due. If you have good cause, then the judge certainly can allow this.

thank u I will do my best, XXXXX XXXXX afford a lawyer for this matter.



Roger and 9 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you