Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I need legal help...I am in King County Washington State and

I need legal help...I am in King County Washington State and I need to file a Tetra Petition STAT! I am getting petition forms on line but nothing named tetra
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

What exactly are you seeking to do or accomplish (I understand you say you need a "tetra petition") ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We need guidance and review on the writing of the petition itself. I am a beneficiary wanting to contest a provision of my Fathers will. Please define what the Tetra vs regular petition is? Am I reading that Tetra speeds up process and a benefit is that it doesn't go to courts? I want to stop PR from any transaction within the trust. A regular petition takes 3 to 4 months process?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Paul,

Instead of directing me to an attorney, can't a paralegal do this for me?

Thank you for your response.

This is a non-standard petition that is filed to protest a will and is heard ex parte by the court probate judge. These petitions are drafted from scratch by attorneys or probate/trust/estate paralegals and the state does not publish them online. The state courts are very cautious in what the publish for forms online and only publish commonly used forms for pro se litigants not these non standard forms. The local probate/trust/estate paralegal could draft one or you can go to the court library and ask the librarian for the form books and get a template sample from the form books, but we cannot post pleadings online that are not state forms because of copyright reasons.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.