How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Attorney with significant and substantial experience in multiple areas of law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, My brother has become disabled and requires a power

This answer was rated:


My brother has become disabled and requires a power of attorney for his financial issues. He is mentally competent. I already have the forms filled out and have contacted a notary to meet us at the group home where my brother reside. Is that all that is required to make it a legal document or should be have a lawyer present.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Yes, you only need to fill out the proper forms and have them signed and notarized.

It is absolutely unnecessary to have an attorney present for the signing and notarization of the documents. (And, indeed, it would probably be quite costly to hire an attorney even for this small transaction). An attorney is also definitely not needed to make legal documents, and thanks to downloadable forms and other online services, it is becoming easier for people to prepare their own legal documents. (There's already more than enough attorneys in this country, and if that requirement existed, there'd definitely be way too many attorneys).

I hope the above information is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any clarifying questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service. Definitely contact me if you are contemplating leaving me a negative rating, as I’ll be happy to continue to address your concerns until you are satisfied with my service.

If not, please remember to rate my answer positively so I get paid for my work. It is necessary for you to rate my answer even though you’ve made a deposit or are a subscriber. I only receive compensation for my work if you rate me positively. Otherwise, I receive nothing for assisting you, and the website retains your entire deposit.

Thanks and best of luck!

Joseph and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you