Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

In a court trial, plaintiff had one bad eye, other 20/60 corrected.

Only wore glasses for driving...
In a court trial, plaintiff had one bad eye, other 20/60 corrected. Only wore glasses for driving. Defense claim plaintiff "legally blind." Never claimed on S.S. or any other records. Defense can say anything?
9/15/2013
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Dwayne B. :

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

Dwayne B. :

What kind of case was it and who made the claim he was "legally blind"?

Customer:

Trip and very bad fall over broken concrete front landing of store 2 yrs. ago.

Customer:

Had trip and very bad fall (9 wks learning to walk again) over broken concrete

Dwayne B. :

The defense can say about anything but they certainly should have had some kind of medical evidence to support the claim "legally blind" since that is a specific term.

Customer:

Why answer has to be so short?

Customer:

With SS definitions etc he chooses to ignore. Macular had just been diagnosed. I walk fine, drive till

Dwayne B. :

It doesn't have to be, if you have additional questions feel free to ask them.

Dwayne B. :

SS definitions don't necessarily apply since their terms have a very specific meaning to their area.

Customer:

8Pm, and generally only wear glass (corrected to 20/60 for driving. Read fine

Dwayne B. :

For example, their definition of disabled is different than the definition used by Workers Comp which is different than the definition used by insurance companies.

Customer:

with good light and no glasses. Do everything myself. Have never been declared

Customer:

"legally blind."

Dwayne B. :

Did they have a medical expert or anyone else testify at trial that you were "legally blind"?

Customer:

My Retina Specialist told me he just answered their questions.

Customer:

I will talk to him.

Dwayne B. :

Were you there at the trial?

Customer:

Trial will probably be Nov.

Dwayne B. :

What court trial were you talking about in your initial question?

Customer:

I'm so angry - what did I say?

Customer:

should have said Defense is saying to my attorney.

Dwayne B. :

You said "In a court trial, plaintiff had one bad eye, other 20/60 corrected. Only wore glasses for driving. Defense claim plaintiff "legally blind." Never claimed on S.S. or any other records. Defense can say anything?"

Dwayne B. :

Just because the defense attorney is saying ti doesn't mean that it will be admissible or even that it will make any difference.

Dwayne B. :

At trial that is.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney