How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31766
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Does my husband have the right to give my vehicle away when

This answer was rated:

Does my husband have the right to give my vehicle away when it is titled in my name? I am an alcoholic, however have never had a moving violation in 36 years of driving. He is giving my vehicle to my daughter and says I will never drive again. Can he legally do this? Currently he has taken the keys and disabled the vehicle. Can he do this?

Thank you

Kirk Adams : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
Kirk Adams : Wisconsin is a community property state, which means that any property acquired during the marriage is marital property and both of you have an ownership interest in the vehicle even if your name is XXXXX XXXXX one on the title.
Kirk Adams : HOWEVER, he cannot take your property away from you without your consent or a court order.
Roger and 11 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you