How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I being sued for $80,000 breach of contract for failing to

This answer was rated:

I'm being sued for $80,000 breach of contract for failing to repay a $6,700 loan. Should I hire a company for $1,500 to try and get a settlement amount? This company stated that they can often get the settlement as low as 15%. Or should I go to the court date and see what happens?
Hello and welcome

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will provide you information in this regard today

While I cannot tell you what to do, the fact is if you hire the company that can delay the court proceedings and it may be they can get you a settlement. Most times, these efforts are very successful.

If you go to court, I suggest you will want to have a local attorney with you - because if you lose then there will be a judgment against you and that means your wages, any income tax return can be garnished and a lien placed against any assets that you may own.
Sam and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you