Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Partner of 22 years died suddenly without a will. I lived with

him in a home his...
Partner of 22 years died suddenly without a will. I lived with him in a home his father owned for 7 years but relocated to a family members home @ 10 mos. Prior due to abuse ..formal probate.trying to get my blongings back, but pr (daughter)is saying father disposed of them.
9/13/2013
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you th information you are seeking.

Sadly, if the estate is stating they disposed of the items or the father disposed of your items, you need to make a demand for monetary compensation from the PR and if they refuse to compensate you for your personal property, then you have one other recourse. If the PR refuses you monetary compensation for disposing of your property, your final recourse is filing a civil lawsuit against the estate for the loss of your property and seek a money judgment for the value of your property. You sue the estate and you have the PR of the estate served with the suit and bring them into court.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney