Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

What does "particulars" mean? If someone, say A, is to look

What does "particulars" mean? If someone, say A, is to look after "scheduling and particulars" of a delivery on behalf of another person, say B, does that mean that A can return the item ordered and choose another on behalf of A?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Scheduling and Particulars refers to the scheduling and the manner and place of delivery. The person who is looking after those for another person is acting as an agent of that other person (B). Thus, whether or not Person A can return an item depends on the scope of their agency with B, but A cannot just return something (other than a defective/damaged or non-conforming product) for something that A wants unless the agreement between A and B allows him to do so. What A can do, since they are an agent in charge of the particulars of the delivery, is that they can refuse a shipment if it is the wrong item, if it is damaged or if it is defective and they can insist it be returned and the proper item shipped to them as a replacement.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.