How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116726
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to close out this company.

This answer was rated:

I want to close out this company.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Please explain the information you are seeking today and I would be glad to work with you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I want to resolve our company business. My Son was going to perform the Labor part of the company but has not been successful. He started a full time job and will not have the time to work for the company. Therefore I want to inform the State that I will no longer be in business.

Thank you for your response.

In order to close out the company you are going to need to send the secretary of state a dissolution form together with proof from the department of revenue that no taxes are due or that they are paid in full and proof that all debts of the company (if any existed) have been paid and a resolution from the company owners to dissolve the company. Once the secretary of state receives all of the documentation, they will issue you a Certificate of Dissolution. You can get the form from your secretary of state's office or their website, depending on the state.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you