Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I had received a letter in the mail about Disnetwork signal

theft law sue. What should...
I had received a letter in the mail about Disnetwork signal theft law sue. What should I need to do?
9/12/2013
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you, but need a bit more information, if you do not mind,

1. Who sent this to you ?

2. Do you have Dish Network or Direct TV ?

3. What does the letter say ?

Hi Andrea,
the letter was sent by Hagan Noll &Boyle, LLC. I don't have DirecTV or Dish Network.
A year ago, I was bough a code from online to installed in my satellite box but it doesn't work for my box and I never used it since.
Can I email you this letter.

Thank you

Hi, Tony,

Can you send it as an "Attachment" ?

If not, can you tell me what the letter says ?

Are they saying that you used any part of Direct TV or Dish Network illegally ?

What item did you buy online and what was it supposed to deliver to you ?

Thank you for the Attachment, Tony

The letter is from a law firm and they are saying that you bought a subscription to Rocket pirate television service which provided you with unauthorized access to Dish programming. It also states that they wrote to you on July 25, 2013 and asked you to resolve this issue.

More importantly, they are informing you that they are prepared to file a lawsuit against you if you do not resolve this matter with them by September 20, 2013.

1. Did you respond to them when they wrote to you on July 25, 2013 ?

2. How much of this letter is true ?

I had not respond to previous letter they ask for $3500 dollars for settlement.

Q. How much of what they say is true ?

It's true that I had bough the code from online at FTAbeta.com

The letter that you received says that they have proof that you tapped into their network. So, If what they are saying is true, then you have to answer their letter and work out an arrangement with them to settle the case out of Court because if they file their lawsuit, it will cost you more in that you will have to get a lawyer to represent you and file an Answer to their Complaint, otherwise they will get a default judgment against you for the amount that they will claim in their lawsuit and I know that it will be a lot more than the $5,000 they are asking for now. Ask them if they will accept $1,000 to settle the case. Try to negotiate them down from the $5,000 that they are requesting.

I have read about these lawsuits that are brought against individuals who tap into the Dish Network, or Direct TV, or Satellite TV and they are really serious about these lawsuits and they have been filing these lawsuits and winning massive judgments.

Please be kind enough to give a raing of "Excellent Service" because that is the only way that I will receive credit for my time and effort in researching your question and furnishing you with Answers. It will not cost you anything additional to leave a positive rating,

ANDREA

So, I need to send them a letter with negotiable settle or I need to call them and talk directly?

Your best bet is to call first and speak to the lawyer who sent you the letter. Then make sure that you confirm what you discussed and negotiated on the telephone by sending him a letter so that he cannot back out of any agreement you reach on the telephone,

ANDREA

Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney

Thank you very much Andrea

You are very welcome, Tony, Thank you for the Excellent Service rating and the Bonus, it was both kind and generous of you and I appreciate it greatly. If you need anything further or have additional questions after you speak with the law firm, please let me know and I will be glad to assist you. Please feel free to ask for me by typing my name at the beginning of your question, like this,

"For Andrea ........... "

Kindest Regards,

ANDREA

For Andrea,
I had email to law firm for negotiable the settlement down to $1000 they are not accepted and I just reply back for increase the settlement up to $3500 and wait for their respond. Do I need to do anything now?

Hi, Tony, Welcome back,

If you offered them $1,000 and they refused, why did you jump to $3,500? You should have gone up slowly, offered them $1,500.

Wait and see if they will get back to you. If they do not get back to you bySeptember 17, 2013, then call them to see what is going on because if they said they will file a Complaint to start the lawsuit by September 20, 2013, they mean it, so just be careful. If you get served with a Complaint you must file an Answer, otherwise they will get a default judgment against you. But for now, wait until September 17, 2013. If they do not get back to you, make sure you call them early on September 18, 2013.

ANDREA

I had received an email from the law office this morning with a settlement payment

Attachment: 2013-09-13_063113_ferguson_to_tony_nguyen_091213.pdf

So, you counter-offered with $3,500 when they refused to accept your offer of $1,000 ?

I read the email that you sent as an Attachment. I know that they are very serious about these lawsuits and I had said that to you in one of my first Answers I gave you. They are demanding $5,000 to settle the case. They have a very strong case because they got the man who was selling these things on the internet and he will testify that he sold you 2 of them.

I think that they are taking a hard line approach because you did not respond to their July 25, 2013 letter. Do you have a copy of the complaint that they sent you ? I you do, can you send that as an Attachment to me?

Maybe you can tell them that you do not have the money. It is difficult for me to tell you what to say because I have never spoken to this Attorney and I do not know his personality or character. I guess you will have to see what he says about the $3,500. If there is any way that you can pay the $3,500 in one lump sum, he might be convinced to accept the $3,500, but if he is letting you pay in installments over the next 13 months, I do not hold out much hope that he will lower the settlement amount,

ANDREA

I try to negotiate as I can. I have to wait for an answer tomorrow. Otherwise, I have to take his settlement. Thank you Andrea

Do you have the Complaint he sent you ?

If so, please send it as an Attachment

Yes, I had a Plaintiffs Complaint it sent to me by mail, If you need this documents I need to fax to you. The Plaintiffs Complaint is in this attached file

Attachment: 2013-09-13_074340_ferguson_to_tony_nguyen_083013.pdf

I was looking to see if they had left something out, but unfortunately, they covered all their bases,

I am so sorry, that I was not able to help you further,

I wish you the best of luck, Tony,

Kindest Regards,

ANDREA

Thank you so much that you had helping me. Good nite

You are very welcome, Tony, and I wish you the very best of luck,

ANDREA

Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney