How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andrea, Esq. Your Own Question
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12554
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Andrea, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am not sure what type of attorney to contact. My mother

This answer was rated:

I am not sure what type of attorney to contact. My mother in law has been receiving benefits under a long-term care policy. When she first started receiving benefits, there was some question about the number of days of coverage she would have. The policy listed a benefits period of 1000 days and a life time max of 1500 days. We called and spoke to someone who told us 1500 days and we planned based on that. We have just been given written notice that it will only be 1000 days and coverage is almost up. What type attorney do we contact to see if we have a case? It is an old policy, written in 1988 and it unclear when you read it. Thanks.

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you this evening.


You should retain an Attorney with experience in insurance law. The Attorney will be able to sit down and read the policy and determine how many days coverage the policy gives and if the insurance company would be permitted to reduce the days from 1500 to 1000. If you do not know any Attorneys with this experience, you can contact the Virginia Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service. When you go through the Lawyer Referral Service, you can get a 30 minute- consultation for about $25,



Best Regards,






Andrea, Esq. and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you