How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ScottyMacEsq Your Own Question
ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16370
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
ScottyMacEsq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had 1 more question, property in Lancaster (L.a. county),

This answer was rated:

I had 1 more question, property in Lancaster (L.a. county), business was there too, but property is leased and licensed to me at my residence in Orange County, bus. now licensed there too, where do I file?

ScottyMacEsq :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.

ScottyMacEsq :

You should file in the county where the conversion (theft) actually took place, since that's the basis of the complaint.

ScottyMacEsq :

It's not about where you currently reside, or have your business, etc... but as to "tort" (civil wrong) actions, you need to file in the place where the actual action that you're complaining about took place.

ScottyMacEsq :

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX luck to you!



ScottyMacEsq and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you