How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118236
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am acting as pro se, I have been sending emails through my

This answer was rated:

I am acting as pro se, I have been sending emails through my EX's lawyer because my EX's responses have become angry, demeaning and non productive, however, my EX's lawyer has said she will no longer accept the emails and suggest I email my EX directly, which places me back into a cycle of verbal abuse from my EX. Is my EX's lawyer bound by law to accept my correspondence and advise her client? I am in Michigan and this is a family court post divorce case.

If I am unable to get a response from my ex about a question pertaining to our CO is Her L obliged to accept my inquiries?

Thank you
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Your ex's attorney is responsible for accepting legal pleadings on behalf of his client for as long as they represent their client. As far as questions or attempts at settlement or negotiations, her attorney does not have to accept your communications and answer them. If you are having problems with your ex, then you can send them to the attorney and clearly state in there that you are sending them to the attorney to get answers because their client will not cooperate and this is your good faith effort to cooperate. If the attorney tells you to cease, then your next step is file a motion in the court asking the court to order what you want and bring the matter into court. It might be that the ex is not paying her lawyer any longer and the lawyer is not willing to do anymore work for her and in that case the lawyer is not even obligated to respond to you at all.

Your next option though is to set the matter for a hearing and get the court to issue orders on what you want since the ex is refusing to negotiate or deal with you in good faith.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you