Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

i have two uninspected, uninsured and unlicensed vevicles in

my yard that i own...
i have two uninspected, uninsured and unlicensed vevicles in my yard that i own. the local ordanance say they must be in a garage or have license and state inspection. can they do that? and is there a pa state supreme court case by someone who has challanged this type local ordanance
9/9/2013
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney

Chris T., JD :

Good afternoon. I'll be assisting you with your question.

Customer:

Thank You

Chris T., JD :

To answer your question directly, yes, nearly every major city in the US has city ordinances regulating similar matters.

Customer:

I live in a small town pop of 3500 people and some neighbors and i think the odranance goes too far has anyone fought

Chris T., JD :

I'm not sure if this has specifically been tried in Pennsylvania, but city ordinances regarding upkeep and appearance have regularly been upheld as constitutional. Below is a short memo on determining constitutionality of city ordinances:

Customer:

Where can i find a case that hase been challanged in pa court or pa supreme court

Chris T., JD :

From what you've described, the city ordinance would be constitutional. Keep in mind, the answer to most unpopular ordinances is not a legal challenge, but a political challenge.

Customer:

thank you i can run for mayor

Chris T., JD :

Here is a link to the PA Supreme Court case system. If they've decided a case, you will find it here.

Chris T., JD :

Like I said, these kinds of ordinances are constitutional. They may be unpopular, but they are legal.

Customer:

Thank You i will see if i can find answers on that site and i do appreciate your help

Chris T., JD :

Glad to help!

Chris T., JD :

If I can't do anything else for you, please remember to "rate" my answer before you go.

Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney