Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

This should be free, as Just Answer gave me an apology for

an un-answered question. I have...
This should be free, as Just Answer gave me an apology for an un-answered question. I have been with UPS for 36 years. As of age 30, (now 54), I first encountered panic-attacks. I thought something wrong with heart, and went thru stress test and cardiologist said I was having panic-attacks. Had never heard of such. This was 1999. (after 9 years of episodes) For 5 years, (since 1999) I took Xanax and was fine to drive. Past DOT physical to drive. Cardiologist recommended me to physciatrist, as I did per his imput. As I did not like side-effects, and quit taking Xanax, they had to come get me off route. Management said "just get on meds again" But Division-manager said "NO" as I guess I was a liability. I was fine to drive. Lost my position, and 30K per year, for his decision. Have researched, and appears Xanax is OK, if proven you are able to drive safely. I have lost nearly 300K, by being regulated to hub to work, as pay is $6 an hour less, and with no overtime. I drove for 21 years for UPS, five on meds. I have researched, an apparently, Xanax IS ACCEPTED to drive under professional doctor. (DR. Imbert Fla Hospital) I have lost approx. $300K of financial security, with what I feel is misrepresentation, or at worse fraud. Can you please tell me if you are allowed to drive with a class E license, (not CDL for semi's) and if I have been railroaded or "steered" to a lower paying position? I am a humble man, and do not stir-up controversy, but feel I was "rail-roaded" for my medical condition. I live in Orlando Fla., and just wish an honest answer if I was deceived. Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX I am going to bed now, as hub-work is most tiring for my position now. Please answer, as E-How apologized for inadequate answer with Doctor format, and promised question answered for the $35 dollars I had already spent. I look forward to your expertise.
9/7/2013
Wendy-Mod

I'm Wendy, and I’m a moderator for this Legal topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had found an answer or if you still needed assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Tax, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Wendy

I need a competence answer. I cannot afford $35 every time my question is regulated to "another expert"

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. You will not be charged when a new professional steps in to answer your question. You will only be charged when you get an answer on your question. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Wendy
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our service, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to assist you today.

My apologies for the delay in getting you a response in this matter. Unfortunately you are in the difficult position of having a condition that caused you to be removed from the road in the past. Your employer has the right to keep you from the road in the interest of safety and ongoing liability.

In the event of an accident (your fault or not), an injured motorist or pedestrian could subpoena your records and find that you had a medical condition that caused you to be pulled off the road, and thus placed the employer on notice (this would increase your employer's risk in the lawsuit).

You may be able to challenge the current situation through a US DOT Medical Examination (I understand you are not driving a Class A or Class B rig, but the medical exam may be of assistance in clearing you for the road). There is no promise that this will help, but perhaps working with management will give you some options in this regard.

I do wish you the very best of luck in this matter, and I hope that you are able to safely return to your route.

Thank you for using our service, please do not forget to rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you have any questions please do let me know.
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney