Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Hi I was with a married man. he even moved in with me. but

i couldn't live with him...
Hi I was with a married man. he even moved in with me. but i couldn't live with him and i through him out and have not seen him in about 6 month. Now his wife is harassing me by text and e-mails. I told her Im not with him any more anyway i change my phone but she keeps threatening me by e-mail and calling my brother and telling him bad things about me.Today i got a e-mail from her saying she knows where i live and she will come over and also call my mother. He is treating me to. I need help to get these people off my back. I can loose my job if they follow up with there threats. I have not seen him in 6 month.

what can I do to stop this
9/7/2013
Barrister, Attorney
Hello and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
If she is calling you simply because you had a relationship with her husband and has no legitimate purpose in contacting you otherwise, then you would have legal grounds to file a criminal complaint against her for harassment and stalking under FL law. Under FL Statutes 784.048, what she is doing is a crime and can be prosecuted as such..
.
(a) “Harass” means to engage in a course of conduct directed at a specific person which causes substantial emotional distress to that person and serves no legitimate purpose.
.
.
When she contacts you again, you can tell her that you are putting her on formal notice that if she contacts you again, you will file a criminal complaint against her for stalking and harassment and seek a restraining order against her. If this doesn't scare her off, then you would have to actually file the complaint and get the restraining order. Then if she contacts you again in any way, you can have her arrested for violating the order and criminally prosecuted.
.
.
Thanks
Barrister, Attorney

What about him. he is harassing me to. She is telling him that my calling her and he believes her and now hes is threatening me with my job

If he is contacting you and you have told him not to, then the same thing applies to him... You notify him that if he contacts you again, you will file criminal charges for harassment and stalking...
.
Then if either of them do so again, you actually file the criminal complaint at the local courthouse or police dept, get the restraining order, and then wait until they violate it so you can have them arrested and thrown in jail.
.
.
Thanks
Barrister, Attorney