How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marsha411JD Your Own Question
Marsha411JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 20289
Experience:  Licensed Atty, 29 yrs exp in the practice of law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Marsha411JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got gas that had water in if from a Safeway store and it

This answer was rated:

I got gas that had water in if from a Safeway store and it cost me $1400.00 to get my car fixed. Can I sue the Store Manager in small claims court for danages?


Thank you for the information and your question. Yes, if Safeway is refusing to process a claim from you, then you can file a small claims court action against them for the damages to your car. You will need to have a mechanic who is willing to testify that the damages to your engine were a direct result of water in gasoline and you will also have to establish when you purchased the gas from Safeway by way of a receipt to credit card charge or debit. The closer in time the damage occurred to when you got gas, the stronger your case.

You can find more information on filing a small claims court action in Washington by going to:

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.

Marsha411JD and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Hello again Charles,

I wanted to touch base with you and thank you for your business. It was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue in the future, if needed. You can bookmark my page at:

Thank you.