Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with significant and substantial experience in multiple areas of law.
54899578

I was given a ticket last week in nj for driving with an expired

I was given a ticket last week in nj for driving with an expired license...it expired in may. I'm 47 yrs old & this is the first ever I've let my renewal lapse. Is that points on your license?
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

No, you don't get any points on your license for driving with an expired license. Points are only for moving violations not other violations like driving on an expired license.

See the New Jersey state site here:

http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Violations/penalties_pointSchedule.htm

I hope the above information is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any follow up or clarifying questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service.

If not, please remember to rate my answer positively so I get paid for my work.

Thanks and best of luck!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you Joseph!

One more question...because no points go on your license, does that also mean your insurance won't go up?
Hello Karen,

Happy to help.

Yes, your insurance rates shouldn't go up either. You should get your license renewed as soon as possible though (of course) since your insurance can be canceled if the insurance company finds out your license has expired.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks again Joseph...the very next day I renewed my license. Will definitely rate you now. Thanks for your information.
Thank you Karen.

Again, happy to help and best of luck!

Thank you for your positive rating of my service. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope than you will ask for me on JustAnswer should you have future legal questions.

Please request me directly by placing “to Joseph” at the beginning of your question and/or requesting me directly.

When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please do rate me highly (9-10) there as well. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and best of luck,

Joseph