dylatess
dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years representing clients with their legal issues
29685164

I accumulated large legal fees through my company for 12 different

I accumulated large legal fees through my company for 12 different lawsuits over 10 years ago. I had paid over $400,000 of the legal fees when the incidents happened but approximately $70,000 in fees remain. Unitl May of this year I made payments of $500 per month but the economy has made it difficult to continue these payments. Is this California law firm still within the statue of limitations?

Hello and thank you for your question. For over 35 years I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.

Thanks for your question. Note, that if a judgment was obtained, the creditor can enforce his judgment for up to ten years. And then, he can go into court and renew the judgment for another ten years! So since you said that lawsuits were filed, I am presuming that the lawsuits became judgments. If they have not, then you should get an attorney and argue the statute of limitations. That is, if a case is not brought to final resolution/judgment with a set period of time from when it was filed, the court can dismiss it. I wish you well.