How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Attorney with significant and substantial experience in multiple areas of law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is the procedure for filing a case in small claims court

This answer was rated:

What is the procedure for filing a case in small claims court in Phila.?
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You first should go to the court’s first filing
office on the 10th floor ofXXXXX A person who has the right to bring an action may, however, can also
authorize someone with knowledge of the case to bring the action. The court has an
Authorized Representative Form for that purpose.

Before coming to the first filing office,
the form must be completed and signed by the authorized representative and the person
who could have brought the action.
The court has interviewers to assist in completing the necessary papers.

Although there is a charge to file an action and a charge
to serve the legal papers on the opposing party, if you can demonstrate that you cannot
afford these charges,the court may allow you to file an action without having to pay the
initial filing fee.

You can read more about the process here:

I hope the above information is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any follow up or clarifying questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service.

If not, please remember to rate my answer positively so I get paid for my work.

Thanks and best of luck!
Joseph and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you