How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thelawman2 Your Own Question
Thelawman2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1386
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Thelawman2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My insurance lapsed? My tags are revoked. What can I do to

This answer was rated:

My insurance lapsed? My tags are revoked. What can I do to drive my vehicles to work? Thanks in advance.

Hello and thank you for your question. For over 35 years I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.


I am not sure I understand your question. If your insurance lapsed, you cannot drive. Likewise, you need to turn in your tags. Of course, if you obtain new insurance, you will be ok. So please state your specific question. thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It lapsed. I have since the lapse bought another policy with a different company. I have the money to pay the DMV fees, but do not know if they will accept it at this point. Please advise.

Who revoked the tags? Were you pulled over by the police? Were you ticketed for driving with expired lapsed tags?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have not been pulled over. I have not been ticketed. I went to the DMV website and it said my tags had been revoke. I also received a letter that if I didn't contact the DMV by 13-Sept-2013, that enforcement will arrive to take the tags off of my vehicles.

You should contact the DMV to explain that you have gotten new insurance and to have your tags reinstated. You will most likely have to provide proof of insurance along with a reinstatement fee.
You might be subject to a fine of $50 to $150 and the restoration fee may cost $50.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I got proof of Insurance. I got the money to pay the fines. My question is can I keep my tags without turning them in?

Possibly, but you need to show the proof of insurance to the DMV to ensure that they are satisfied and no longer are revoking the tags. They need to restore them.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The tags are revoked as of 08/29/13. The next step to keep car on the road is what I am searching for?

The tags may have been revoked, but you can call the DMV and explain that you let the insurance lapse by mistake and that you would like to reinstate the registration of your car. They may state that your tags are revoked for 30 days and there is nothing to do, but they might also state that as long as you have proof of insurance and may all the fees, then they can reissue your tags.
Thelawman2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1386
Experience: Attorney-at-Law
Thelawman2 and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you