How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118688
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

With regard to an Order setting a supplemental examination

This answer was rated:

With regard to an Order setting a supplemental examination of a corporate officer of a debtor corporation. How must such an Order be served?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Under RCW 6.32.010, if the debtor will not accept service by mail, the creditor must serve by a process server and the debtor would have to pay the costs of that service. If the creditor believes the debtor may flee, they can make application to the court to arrest the debtor by the sheriff.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

You used the phrase "if the debtor will not accept service by mail." Does that mean service by mail must be made by certified mail?

Thank you for your response.

No it SHOULD be made certified mail, but it may be sent just first class mail. If the debtor does not respond to the notice then a process server should be used. We tell people who are doing debtor's examinations to simply save the time and hire the process server and add that to the debtor's damages that they owe because if you serve by mail and they do not show up then it just delays the proceedings.