How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Trying to find a lawyer in the Miami, Florida area that can

This answer was rated:

Trying to find a lawyer in the Miami, Florida area that can help with the following legal matter.
I purchased online a 2011 Jaguar xf from an auction company based in Miami that offered real time bidding to premium members, I paid the $150.00 for membership and found autos I was interested in(dream car) and placed what I thought were real time bids with my salesman named Dexter. The car was listed as RIDE and Drive with a salvage title because of water/flood damage previously received. I voiced my concerns about drive ability to Dexter and he stated and I concurred that if it started and drove the damage couldn't be to severe, I was thinking maybe an additional $5-8,000 to get repaired. When I received the car I took it to a Jaguar dealer in Indianapolis and was told they didn't think it had been driveable since the flood and it would require $22,-$40,000 for repairs,IE new engine, all electric motors,3 computers, new wireing,fuse panels, all electronics and possibly a transmission(the tires were good). I have gotten no response from Dexter or his company except denials for responsibility and nothing since my Indiana attorney sent a letter of intent.
I have planned a trip to Florida starting 9/9/13 with plans of finding a lawyer in the Miami area, if you have interest and can pursue this between 9/9 and 9/16 please give me a call. This is just the beginning of the info i need to share with whoever decides to take this case. I beleive there are federal and state laws this company has violated.

Thanks, XXXXX
Thank you for your question, Robert. Please allow me to assist.

I am genuinely sorry that you were swindled in such a manner. Just please be aware that my assistance here is somewhat limited--I cannot represent you in this endeavor as that would violate site rules What I can do is provide the means to find competent counsel who would be able to assist you. Would that suffice?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes, that is what i was expecting.


Great! Happy to hear it. If I may ask, what did you try so I do not repeat information that you already know, thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I tried speaking with Dexter and got nowhere, I asked to speak with Niko who is the general manager and was denied access to him. My local lawyer sent a registered letter requesting response and nothing to date has transpired between salvage world/GSA and myself or my lawyer.


I see one option that would likely help out, although I will list others below as well. Please review them, and if you have any questions or need further clarification, I will be here to reply further.

The first option may be to browse the listings at and Both of these sites permit you to browse based on location, fees, experience, and expertise, as well as review past client testimonials and peer driven evaluations. It is a good approach as well because if you find counsel that you like, you can see their price points, and could potentially even negotiate directly via Skype as well.

Other methods include word-of-mouth (so you may want to ask your attorney if he ha any links or attorneys he knows that may be able to help), or contacting that county's bar association as they provide referrals as well.

As an aside I would strongly urge you to consider contacting the state Attorney General's office for consumer protection. As it appears that they intentionally and materially misled you to the damage, perhaps the AG's office can likewise investigate and assist you if you decide to file against them.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you very much and your advice is appreciated Smile

R.L. Miller


Glad to help and please let me know if I can assist you in any other way. I also wish you luck with this issue going forward.

If satisfied with my service, please do not forget to positively rate my answers so I can obtain credit for my work. Thank you!

Dimitry K., Esq. and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you