Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

In a recommendation on an order to show cause following an

evidentiary hearing on contempt, the...
In a recommendation on an order to show cause following an evidentiary hearing on contempt, the mother (me) is requested to prepare an order consistent with this recommendation.

What am I being asked to do? The recommendation is ten pages long and finds me not in contempt for three different reasons. Am I being asked to write a summary? What sort of "order" is the commissioner requesting that I write?
9/3/2013
John, Attorney
Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. What the court is asking you to do is to write an order for it to enter. For example - if the reccomendation states you are to be paid $x per month your order would state "mother is to be be paid $x per month".

Attached you will find a model order that you can generally use as a guide. The key is to clearly and consisely state in the order all the releif offered to you by the recommendations.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – select the Reply to Expert or Continue Conversation button. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX wish you all the best with this matter.

Does the petitioner (ex husband) need to sign the order before it is submitted to the court?

Also, while I (the respondent) am not found guilty of contempt, the petitioner is not ordered by the court to actually DO anything. If there is no action to be taken, what am I to include on the "order?"

Only if it is a stipulated order, which from your question it sounded like it was not a stipulated order but a judge's ruling.

You would state something to the effect that "it is ordered that Petitioner's request for finding of contempt is hereby denied"
John, Attorney
John, Attorney