Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

At the end of a non-jury trial, in how many days the judgment

is usually filed; on average...
At the end of a non-jury trial, in how many days the judgment is usually filed; on average. This is in south Florida.
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/2/2013
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney

TexLawyer :

Good afternoon. I'll be assisting you with your question.

TexLawyer :

Usually it takes less than a week for judgment to be entered by the judge. It can happen as soon as the same day as the verdict is returned.

TexLawyer :

Once the judgment is entered, the clock for you to file a notice of appeal starts ticking.

Customer:

I am reading rule 1.530 Fl civ proc. When is the deadline to file a motion for new trial, or rehearing. This is a non-jury trial.

TexLawyer :

You have 10 days from when the judgment is entered.

TexLawyer :

So, if the judge waits 20 days from the end of trial to enter the judgment, you have 10 days from then, for a total of 30 days. It all depends on when the judgment gets filed.

TexLawyer :

For reference, here is the rule.

TexLawyer :

Do you have any questions?

Customer:

Thank you.

Customer:

I think there is a mistake

Customer:

I am identified as :jacustumer"

Customer:

That is not my screen name

TexLawyer :

I'm not sure why it is that way. I can check with customer service.

Customer:

Thanks

TexLawyer :

Is there a reason it matters for you?

Customer:

Yes

Customer:

I am a premium member

Customer:

I am not sure if jackcustomer is premium too

TexLawyer :

It is. The just assign JACUSTOMER-(number) to customers, as in JUST ANSWER CUSTOMER and and then your number. I'll let them know, though.

TexLawyer :

If there isn't anything else I can do for you, please remember to "rate" my answer. Good luck!

Customer:

well thanks

Customer:

appreciate it

Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney
Thanks for the positive rating and the bonus! If you have any questions in the future, you can direct them to me here. Also, you may receive a survey in the near future asking questions about my service. If you have a few moments, please complete it. Hopefully, you've been fully satisfied with my assistance. If not, please let me know.
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney