How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117420
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a dui ticket in Georgia in 1995. A lot has transpired

This answer was rated:

I received a dui ticket in Georgia in 1995. A lot has transpired in the 18 years since then including prison time.When I was released in 2008 I was behind in my child support which my dl were suspended for this. I cleared my back support payments and had my license re-instated. Now I'm told that Florida has suspended my license for the dui I received in Georgia even though I paid all my fines and completed my probation. Is this legal after all these years?I have not received any violations since this violations in 1995.Ineed to be able to work and cannot pay for the classes the want me to attend nor the transportation
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Did you have a FL license at the time of the GA DUI?

Have you filed an appeal yet to FL DMV?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had a valid Fl license at the time.Ihave not filed an appeal to DMV

Thank you for your response.

This explains the issue. Even though you did satisfy your penalty in GA, the state of FL on an administrative level under the implied consent and DUI laws has a right to take action against your license for the GA DUI. If FL never suspended your license for the GA DUI, they have a right to do so, but you also have grounds for an appeal here to DMV based on the length of time you have gone since the case and the fact that your license was suspended for a period of time already and you would go before the hearing officer at DMV and in many of these cases they will grant you credit for the suspension time already done.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and 11 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you