How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

suing on the ground of violation of private property right

Customer Question

This is a follow up of the question we discussed previously. I consulted a few lawyers in China. Some said this is a historical issue and the court is not likely to take it. On debt collection and purely housing issue, there are maximum 20 years effective time period. However, some of them suggest using "violation of private property right", or "restoring private property right" to sue because property right does not expire. The defendant violated property right and the defendant is still the same legal entity (i.e.bureau of a local government) as that 35 years ago. Does this make sense in this country? Does the owner of the property has to be alive to sue even if property right does not expire. Lastly, the concept of private property right was established in law only in recent 10 years. I am not sure the law can be applied to the event happened prior to when the property right is recognized in law.Thanks.

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for contacting

It was brought to our attention that you asked a legal question about China, where we do not have active professionals. As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer.

At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obligated to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept. Or, we can close your question page for you, if you prefer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

just leave the question open. Thanks

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. We will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello again,

We are still working with our Legal professionals to find you the best possible match. I wanted to touch base to see if you still needed a professional’s assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely apologize for the extended wait time.

Thank you,