How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12204
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What should I do if I no longer live near the place where a

This answer was rated:

What should I do if I no longer live near the place where a complaint was filed against me?

I still live in California but 300 miles north.
Hi again.

Do you mean with regard to visiting the court? You could try calling the court clerk to ask about service of the summons. If they refuse to tell you, then you'll either need to make the trip, or you could retain an attorney to do it for you. If you do so, then maybe the attorney will file a motion to dismiss for lack of proper service (if appropriate).
TJ, Esq. and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you