socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

FLORIDA- IN 1998, MY HUSBAND ARRANGED A FAMILY PARTNERSHIP

FLORIDA- IN 1998, MY HUSBAND ARRANGED A FAMILY PARTNERSHIP AS WELL AS LAST WILL....WOULD LAWYER WHO ASSISTED WITH ALL OF THIS, STILL HAVE THE INFORMATION TO HELP ME GET ALL IMPORTANT PAPERWORK FOR MY CHILDREN??

The lawyer, assuming that he is still living, himself, probably still has the information. However, you will need a court order to force the attorney to disclose the information, because the lawyer has a duty of confidentiality to your husband, and so the information cannot be disclosed without the court's order.

Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

wow! court order!!! DO I NEED A LAWYER TO GET A COURT ORDER???

What you need is to be in a dispute with another potential beneficiary over your husband's estate (I assume that your husband has passed away). Then, you would claim your right to your husband's estate, and at that point, the attorney would be required to disclose the information to the court, because under Fla. State 90.502, "(4) There is no lawyer-client privilege under this section when: (b) A communication is relevant to an issue between parties who claim through the same deceased client."

As for your needing a lawyer to force the disclosure, yes, I do not see how you could obtain the information without a lawyer's help. This is a complicated legal matter.

Hope this helps.