Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am dealing with a forclosure.....The forclosure was filed

I am dealing with a forclosure.....The forclosure was filed about 4 years ago, but nothing has happened until recently. The bank closed the escrow account noting it was either paid in full (which did not happen); service transferred to another mortgage company or assumed by a new owner. The new company servicing the mortgage has contacted me, but there is no new mortgage agreement yet. Now the law firm from the origianl bank who filed the foreclosure originally is looking to move forward for Final Judgment of Foreclosure. Is there some way I can block this or stop it or make them start the process over since it has sat for so long?
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

I am very sorry for your situation. Just to clarify, they have filed in court and the case is still active, correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, they started the foreclosure process and the case has just sat. As I mentioned there was recently activity on the account and now the banks law firm sent a letter saying, "Plaintiff intends to apply for af inal judgement of the foreclosure"

Thank you.

On this website, I am afraid I do not always get to give good news, and this is one of these times. Since the case is still active, they can move forward. One cannot have the case dismissed for inactivity now, especially if they have continued the matter after being dormant for some time.

Is there some way I can block this or stop it or make them start the process over since it has sat for so long?

Unfortunately, no.

Now, one can file for bankruptcy, which would slow down or void the foreclosure. Let me know if you want information on this.

Please note: I aim to give you genuine information and not necessarily to tell you only what you wish to hear. Please, rate me on the quality of my information and do not punish me for my honesty. I understand that hearing things less than optimal is not easy, and I empathize.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE and submit your rating when we are finished.