How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The court is requesting of me to provide them with my daughters

This answer was rated:

The court is requesting of me to provide them with my daughters school records and notes taken by the school councler. I have contacted the school but was informed by the principal that such information is confidential and that i can obtain them. Is there a way i can receive the documantation from the councler?

Thank you for your question.

The school counselor is correct that the records are confidential, even from parents. What you will need to do is subpoena the records from the school through the court. The clerk's office will have the subpoena form you need to fill out to request records. So you must go to the court house and file this document and pay the fee. The court clerk will then send out the subpoena to the school ordering the production of records.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
TexLaw and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you