Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years exp all aspects of general law
20355756

Is there a better way to renew my wifes Philipines passport.

Is there a better way to renew my wifes Philipines passport. It will take 3 days to drive there. I have a military 100% disability and it will be hard for me to sit for more than 15 minutes and I have to get up and move around,as back goes crazy and my legs go numb and alot of pain for days.

Hello there

-

Are you located in the US? Are you talking about driving to the Philippine embassy in a US state? If yes, what state is that in?

Or are you located in the Philippines?

-

-

MARY

Hello there

-

I have looked into this further and the Philippines government will no longer accept passport renewals by mail so unfortunately there is no way to do this except to drive to the nearest embassy or embassy satellite -- here is a link to the website for the Philippines -- there is a list of embassies in the US and perhaps there is one closer to where you are located than you think -- http://www.philippineconsulatela.org/ConsulatesinUSA.htm If the person applying to renew the passport is eligible for US citizenship I certainly recommend applying under these circumstances. The person does not have to give up their Philippine citizenship even if they become a US citizen and they can hold both passports.

-

MARY

-

Please press the 3rd, 4th or 5th smile face below so I will be paid for my time. I am paid NOTHING unless you press a positive rating below. Pressing a positive rating below will NOT cost you any additional money -- it simply acts as a trigger to Just Answer to pay me for my time. THANK YOU

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mary . Yes in the USA, Going to San Francisco. No she has her Green Card.We live in Republic Washing ton . It will cost around $2,000.00 + just for a $95.00 renual.

Hello there

-

I have looked into this further and the Philippines government will no longer accept passport renewals by mail so unfortunately there is no way to do this except to drive to the nearest embassy or embassy satellite -- here is a link to the website for the Philippines -- there is a list of embassies in the US and there seems to be an honorary office in Portland Oregon -- the address and telephone number are listed here if you scroll down the page (that is a little closer - so you should contact them and ask if you can renew a passport there) ----http://www.philippineconsulatela.org/ConsulatesinUSA.htm If your wife is eligible for US citizenship I certainly recommend applying under these circumstances. The person does not have to give up their Philippine citizenship even if they become a US citizen and they can hold both passports.

-

MARY

-