How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16721
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have stock in a British Company and have lost my certificates.

This answer was rated:

I have stock in a British Company and have lost my certificates. Capita Registars has sent me a form to replace the certificates which includes a stamp of guarantor box. "We join in this indemnity and undertaking (UK bank, insurance company or guarantee society" What can I do?

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Basically, in order to get your certificates replaces, you do have to find a guarantor who would compensate the company, in case someone shows up and claims the legal interest and rights under the original certificated.

Such guarantor has to fit the requirements of Capita Registars and you would need to contact UK based bank, insurance company or a guarantee society and arrange for a guarantee, so your stock certificates can be replaced.

I wish you the best of luck!

Alex J. Esq. and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you