How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Amber E. Your Own Question
Amber E.
Amber E., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1482
Experience:  Experienced practitioner in areas of Divorce, Custody, Social Security, and Contract disputes.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Amber E. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The city foreclosed on my home for property taxes and three

This answer was rated:

The city foreclosed on my home for property taxes and three weeks later they vacated the judgment and voided the foreclosure wants I paid the taxes. Between the three weeks there was damaged done to the property. If I keep my insurance coverage and continued to pay the premiums will I still be covered?
So long as there is no lapse in coverage or other applicable prohibitions in the policy terms, damage should be covered even during a foreclosure process. However, keep in mind that when property is foreclosed upon the creditor will often acquire something called collateral protection insurance (CPI) or forced place insurance. It's often a good idea to notify the creditor if damage occurs during foreclosure, as it may be possible to file the claim against the CPI policy.
Amber E. and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you