Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

My Jewelry was left at the Zales Store for cleaning on 8/1/2013.

My Jewelry was left at the Zales Store for cleaning on 8/1/2013. i forgot about it and now they cant find it. What do i do.

JD 1992 :

Hello and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

JD 1992 :

Do you have a receipt from when you dropped them off?

Customer:

My inspection record was signed. i have a life time cleaning and inspection receipt. Also at the same time A ring was droped off for repair.

JD 1992 :

Can they find the ring that was to be repaired?

Customer:

yes, before we went to pick it up they quote us one price and when we got there the price was higher, so we left it, but forgot to pick up the Jewelry and they didnt mention it. for over a week I was trying to get hold of the manager regarding the price. all the while forgetting the other jewelry.

JD 1992 :

The first step is to contact Zales customer service directly rather than going through the local store.

JD 1992 :

File your claim through them and then they will do an investigation. At some point they will either find the jewelry, offer to pay, or refuse to pay.

JD 1992 :

There is no way to make them give it back to you if it is really lost, so what you have to do instead is either accept their offer or sue for damages if you think their offer is too low.

JD 1992 :

You can do it yourself through small claims court or you can hire a lawyer to do it and then also sue for the attorney's fees.

Customer:

ok i did call customer service, they are close today, I will have contact them on Monday. Thanks

JD 1992 :

That's the way to start. That link I gave you also has an email you can send a complaint to.

Customer:

Yes I opened it. I will email them first. Thank you

JD 1992 :

You're very welcome.

JD 1992 :

Best wishes to you on this and please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating (of course I’d suggest Excellent!) so I get credit for my work. The website only gives credit to the expert if you give a Positive Rating.

Customer:

will do, you were helpful

Thank you very much for the Positive Rating. Please come back and visit us if you have any new questions and feel free to ask for me by placing “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line or as the first words of your question and I will pick up as soon as I see it.