Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

the form or write up of a waiver of Notice to serve subpoena

the form or write up of a waiver of Notice to serve subpoena for document for discovery to the defendant for his right to Object in 20 days. Ques. if i did serve the subpoena and forgot to serve the defendant His Notice of my Intent to serve subpoena, will the subpoena be invalid, need to be reissued, and if defendant did grant the waiver...what if it was after the fact? would the waiver be valid...no harm-no foul    The 2nd part is stupid? i just read of a certificate prerequisite for service.  so this must be filed in court before even serving the subpoena,or not?if i get the waiver

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you again.

Yes, a failure to file a notice of intent to serve a subpoena can mean the subpoena is invalid and you have to do it all over again. However, if the defendant did grant a waiver of the notice of intent to serve then it can still be invalidated by the court. The law on the notice of intent to serve a subpoena is really ridiculous, but it is to make sure the court can review why a subpoena is being issued so it is not just sent to harass someone.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so, now when i reissue my subpoena, i'll still want the waiver if possible. could i get that form? is it just caption then a title then request on the form?

Yes, you can get the waiver, since the notice rule is for the benefit of the other party and not for the party being served the subpoena. It is to give them chance to object.

There is no actual "waiver of notice of intent to serve subpoena" form itself. You take the format used in PA Code RUle 4009.24 and modify it to state Waiver of Notice of Intent to Serve Subpoena and get the other part to sign. It is just caption and the request.