Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

i live in GA, I was renting from my mother...we have beeen

Customer Question

i live in GA, I was renting from my mother...we have beeen to court three times...this last time I decided
I didnt want the judge to hear the case even tho I'd won the
Previous cases...so I agreed to give up the primeses even tho I had
Her rent...right befor court began we had the chance to come to an agreement...I agreed to pay her and
Be out in two days...i need a few more days is there anyway to
Request more time?
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your post. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

Just to be clear there is now a court order in place the desgnates a specific date by which you must be out, and she obtained a formal 'writ of possession' on the property, correct?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

we went to court yesterday and i agreed to be out by the 24th of this month. I dont think its a writ...this was our date after the answe to the dispossesory was filed.

Thank you for your follow-up.

In that case it make take your mother a few days to compel you to leave. If she did not yet receive a writ, if you nd up not leaving, she would have to go to court, get the writ, give it to the sheriff, and have the sheriff remove you from the premises. While I cannot guarantee how long it would take her to get this done, without a writ the sheriff cannot remove you from the premises.

Good luck.

I see that you rated my answer as 'bad'. What specifically did I fail to clarify or explain?