How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 30167
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Someone has nude pics of me and she is threating to post on

This answer was rated:

Someone has nude pics of me and she is threating to post on internet. Do I have any rights?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Posting nude pictures of someone on the internet without their consent is a violation of the person's right to privacy. The law protects a person from having information that would be highly offensive to the reasonable person disseminated to a widespread audience - this includes posting it on the internet.

One option, if she posts the pictures, is to sue for damages. The other option is to send a "cease and desist letter," explaining that you will sue for invasion of privacy if she posts the pictures (how she got the pictures is not relevant). You could also go to court and seek an injunction where a judge orders her not to publish the photos (and to return them). If you want to go that route, it's a good idea to have a local attorney help you. If you have an injunction and she then posts the pictures, she is in contempt of court, which could result in fines and/or jail.

Also, if she is trying to get you to pay her or otherwise give her something of value to get her to return the pictures (or not publish them), that's extortion, which is a crime. Ky. Stat., Section 514.080. You could press criminal charges.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.
Lucy, Esq. and 11 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what if she posts the pics on facebook where underage kids can see them? or if she aends them to people on their phone?

Your legal options for suing are the same, regardless of how she distributes them. A person can sue for damages if someone posts pictures of them publically.

If she is posting them on Facebook, in addition to suing for damages, you would have the option of reporting each photograph to Facebook for violation of their community standards. Facebook users are not permitted to post any nudity on their pages, even pictures that arguably have artistic value.

If you do intend to sue, take screenshots of the Facebook pages or print them before reporting her to Facebook. That way, you'll have the evidence you need if the pictures are removed. If either of you have blocked the other, ask a friend to do it.