How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 102505
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

with out laughing, can I take my ex lawyer to small claims

This answer was rated:

with out laughing, can I take my ex lawyer to small claims court instead of suing for malpractice. I know its unorthodox but if I hire a lawyer we go to court I loose 50% small claims I would get the same amount and prove the same thing with out all the pomp and circumstance...

Also finding a lawyer to sue another is very difficult

BTW he left me because I contacted the bar...He was upset...
Hello friend,

Thank you for requesting me.

I am afraid not. Small claims does not have proper "jurisdiction." Small claims include claims for less than $5,000 (breach of contract, etc), recovery of personal property, evictions, and cases to enforce liens filed by mechanics for service and storage of motor vehicles.

A legal malpractice case cannot be heard in small claims, I am afraid. I am sorry.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE and submit your rating when we are finished.
Ely and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you