How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118788
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been recently notified by my employer of a wage garnishment.

This answer was rated:

I have been recently notified by my employer of a wage garnishment. This is the third wage garnishment made by the same debt collector. The thing is the county I am being garnished in I no longer reside in. The first two times we were garnished we never received the summons because we do not reside in the county the summons was given and therefore never went to court. We spoke to the county court letting them know we do not reside in the county and gave them proof for an exemption. The debtor attempted to collect in another county of which we never reside in also. The address on the summons is not an address in the county the summons is taking place and is a decade old address. What are my rights?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

You need to go back to court to file an objection to wage garnishment AGAIN and you need to file this time also a motion for sanctions for the collector continuing to file in the wrong county and for all of your costs and damages you have incurred in having to continue to fight their improperly filed wage garnishments. You can recover your lost wages and even attorney's fees as sanctions against them for their continuing to improperly file in wrong counties.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you