dylatess
dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years representing clients with their legal issues
29685164

Can local government refuse to allow a private business to

Can local government refuse to allow a private business to operate if they meet all requirments needed even if they are in direct compition with the local government

Hello and thank you for your question. For over 34 years I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.

Based on your facts, it would appear that your business is being discriminated against by the county for refusing to permit your business. Note, had you not mentioned that you are not responding to calls, I would say that there may be something in the contracts of the other EMS companies that have non compete clauses. But your business is not directly competing but offering in a sense a "concierge" service for private patients, ie, no competition. So I would spend the money for a consultation with an attorney in your area who specializes in business agreements. He will in turn write a letter to the commissioners. And if you do not get the desired result, he will advise you how to proceed in a court of law. Good question. And I wish you much success once you get over this hurdle.

Please rate my answer ok or better so that I am compensated for assisting you.