Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I need a motion to compel for failure of defendants to respond

to a request for production...
I need a motion to compel for failure of defendants to respond to a request for production of documents.It is over the 30 days. also if this is the same thing served on a 3rd party who has failed to respond to a subpoena on time. how would i write this up to file in court of common pleas-civil
8/22/2013
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Yes, the motion to compel is for the party in the case or the third party. Here is one from the PA Court of Common Pleas with the memorandum of law that has to go with the motion attached. It can be seen in pdf and also doc format, your choice. Motion to Compel and Supporting Memorandum of Law.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

i got the adjoining Order for the motion to compel. the actual motion is it just- caption, Motion to Compel, then a concise asking of info., document needed of defendant... then 2nd paragraph this sent to me

within 10 days as i stated in the adjoining order-you called memorandum. If i'm missing more info. on the 2 documents please state. is it that simple is what i'm saying? Also on the order paper i have written on bottom just COURT with a line...what is that for ,is it right... and do i need to attorney's name and signed opposite that? i am pro se. And is it signed only on the 2nd motion to compel?

When I open the document in pdf, it shows the order, the motion and the memorandum in support of the motion, it is all there in the one document.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney