How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 102350
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband bailed out my niece while we were visiting in Louisiana.

This answer was rated:

My husband bailed out my niece while we were visiting in Louisiana. We live in Florida and we were told by Caddo Parish that my husband was the only one who would be able to pick up the bond money. My niece was taken to court already. I will be visiting my sister in LA early next month and I wondered if there was anything I could bring with me to enable me to pick up the bond money, i.e., notarized document by him, a power of attorney, his driver's license, my military ID card, etc.
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

I am sorry for your sister's situation. Normally, a power of attorney should work fine. The power of attorney gives the holder agency power to act on the grantor's behalf. You can find a sample one here.

With such a power of attorney, the bond should be released to you.

Simply bringing his ID will not help, but a power of attorney and your valid ID to show that you are the agent in the Power of Attorney should work.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)
Ely and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can they refuse to except this power of attorney?


They actually can, but it is unlikely that they will. It is a good idea to call ahead to confirm, however.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank You

My pleasure.