Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

I have full custody of my 13 yr old daughter. Her father spent

I have full custody of my 13 yr old daughter. Her father spent the first 12 yrs of her life in prison. He's been out for a year and we were in a verbally abusive relationship. Regretably, I have many issues and concerns about him being part of our daughters life. He voluntarily paid support for a few months then stopped. I filed for child support and he still refused to pay. When I didn't cancel the case like he asked, things got uglier. We are no longer a couple, but he involves our daughter in our drama. He tells her I'll spend the money on drugs, and any other negative untruths he can say to her about me. The main thing is he repeatedly calls me the n word. He is white I'm black and. Our daughter obviously is both. I feel he's verbally abusive, disrespectful, and untrustworthy. I don't even want him texting her let alone seeing her. It breaks my heart but what legal avenues do I need to take to insure he has limited or no contact?
Thank you for your question. I am a licensed Pennsylvania professional. Please allow me to assist you with your concerns.

That is terrible on all points, it really is. No child should be exposed to such behavior, and no parent should ever use their child as a pawn. What, specifically, is the current custodial agreement, if any?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
He is able to call and text her. He uses money to entice her so she calls him when I say no to something. They had visitation thru my ok. Rides with friends, trips to the mall, little stuff. As I said, I have a full custody order and he has supervised visitation on paper. He would never see her under those terms, but they're there.

Thank you for your follow-up.

This is a situation where you may want to seriously consider going back to court and filing for modification of custody so as to take away even his right to text and call, and that all communication would be supervised via you and your consent. Point out to the courts that the other party is engaged in behavior that is designed to cause parental alienation, and that such communication is not in the best interest of the child. You can also point out that the other parent is neglectful for failing to pay support, and that until he is able to show you and the courts that he can have communication with the child that is not hateful and disruptive, you prefer that such communication not take place at all.

Good luck.